i01: Economic Justice and Business Environment (267 M€)
The investment anticipated for the reform of Economic Justice and the Business Environment allows for interventions that are framed in structuring digital platforms:
- Courts and RAL Digital Platforms (including TAF and Insolvencies), development and implementation of the procedural processing systems, Magistratus (for Judicial, Administrative and Fiscal judges) and the MP Codex (for Public Prosecutors) in all courts and instances, covering a total of about 400 courts (1st instance, Relations and Supreme Courts) and about 3,000 magistrates.
- New (single) interfaces for attorneys (lawyers, solicitors, representatives of public bodies) will also be developed and digital service platforms and information systems will be made available to streamline the entire judicial ecosystem, namely:
- Platform to support insolvency and recovery processes for companies and citizens;
- Development and implementation of the procedural processing system for the Judicial Secretariats (including the National Rent and Injunction Offices), impacting the activity of about 7,000 justice officials, with priority for the administrative and tax, commerce/insolvency and executive action procedural areas;
- Development of Phase 2 of the Tribunal + Project: Electronic Balcão+ (online/remote services), Comarca+ to support court management bodies.
- Digital Platforms for Citizen and Business Life Cycles (recovery and competitiveness):
- Development of the “Company 2.0” information system, a new platform that includes the company life cycle (creation, management and closure); e-Residency – life cycle for foreign companies that intend to establish their headquarters in Portugal;
- Integrated Registry Platform – Development and migration of applications supporting civil, commercial, land and nationality registries, implementing the “digital by definition” paradigm throughout all registry activity, encompassing 434 registry offices and 4,658 employees;
- Citizen’s Card: Alternative service solutions – New service that completely dematerialises the CC order and delivery process;
- New online services made available and existing services reengineered on the Justice digital platform and the Single National Digital Portal, with a view to simplifying the user experience and making it more accessible.
- Digital Platforms for Criminal Investigation and Forensics:
- Development and modernisation of information systems in the area of criminal investigation;
- Development of the National Anti-Corruption Strategy information and monitoring system.
- Knowledge management platforms:
- Justice Common Services Platform – Includes transversally-shared applications, such as biometric database systems; document management system; Justice Services Management Information systems; dynamic engine for the creation of templates for notifications and activity monitoring systems (includingPlatform for Management and Monitoring of Remote Working and Dynamic Organisation of Teams);
- Platform for Justice Indicators and Statistics – Extraction and processing of data (Big Data) from the Justice area to provide statistics, operational indicators, interactive dashboards, with forecasting and scenario simulation capabilities, active bias detection, and integrating them into open data platforms (e.g. Data.Gov), promoting interoperability with civil society and business sector initiatives;
- Support platform for the creation and management of document templates covering the Ministry of Justice with a view to harmonising and simplifying the communications and digital services language for citizens and businesses.
- Enhancement of Technological Infrastructure and Equipment – communication networks, hw/sw operating systems, datacentre equipment, disaster/recovery, security); new Service Desk; creation of a sectoral Contact Centre to answer more than 200,000 calls/month; technological and videoconferencing equipment for courts, registry offices and other Justice Services; new transversal service desk and the creation of a multi-channel contact centre for Justice.